Best Death quotes for you


Many great and brilliant people have given their view on death quotes. Here we have the best collection of death quotes for you.

Death quotes

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.― Woody Allen
Dying is like getting audited by the IRS--something that only happens to other people ... until it happens to you.--JEROME P. CRABB
If you die you're completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I'm not afraid of dying.Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I've got.
When a great man dies, for years the light he leaves behind him, lies on the paths of men.
A man dies ... only a few circles in the water prove that he was ever there. And even they quickly disappear. And when they're gone, he's forgotten, without a trace, as if he'd never even existed. And that's all.--WOLFGANG BORCHERT
Death never takes a wise man by surprise; he is always ready to go.    
Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forget life, to be at peace.
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.― Jimi Hendrix
Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.
The hour of departure has arrived and we go our ways; I to die, and you to live. Which is better? Only God knows.
Cowards die many times before their deaths
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Death quotes

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Death and life have their determined appointments; riches and honors depend upon heaven.
Death ends a life, not a relationship.― Mitch Albom
Life asked death, 'Why do people love me but hate you?' Death responded, 'Because you are a beautiful lie and I am a painful truth.
Of all the events which constitute a person's biography, there is scarcely one ... to which the world so easily reconciles itself as to his death.--NATHANIEL HAWTHORNE
Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying.
Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.― Terry Pratchett
 It is the secret of the world that all things subsist and do not die, but retire a little from sight and afterwards return again.
Dying is like coming to the end of a long novel--you only regret it if the ride was enjoyable and left you wanting more.--JEROME P. CRABB
The hour of departure has arrived and we go our ways; I to die, and you to live. Which is better? Only God knows.
Death quotes

Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
For the sword outwears its sheath, and the soul wears out the breast. And the heart must pause to breathe, and love itself have rest.
I need your help. I am injured, near death, and too weak to hike out of here. I am all alone. This is no joke. In the name of God, please remain to save me. I am out collecting berries close by and shall return this evening.
We sometimes congratulate ourselves at the moment of waking from a troubled dream: it may be so the moment after death.
I don't want to have lived in vain like most people. I want to be useful or bring enjoyment to all people, even those I've never met. I want to go on living even after my death!
The death penalty is ineffective as a deterrent, and the appeals process is expensive and cruel to the surviving family members.
I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.― Mark Twain
It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.—J.K. Rowling
Brief and powerless is man's life; on him and all his race the slow, sure doom falls pitiless and dark.--BERTRAND RUSSELL
Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out.
Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.― J.K. Rowling
On the streets, unrequited love and death go together almost as often as in Shakespeare.
Death's gang is bigger and tougher than anyone else's. Always has been and always will be. Death's the man.--MICHAEL MARSHALL
I think about death every day - what it would be like, why it would happen to me. It would be humiliating to be afraid.
A man begins dying at the moment of his birth. Most people live in denial of Death's patient courtship until, late in life and deep in sickness, they become aware of him sitting bedside.--DEAN KOONTZ
Life is for the living.
Death is for the dead.
Let life be like music.
And death a note unsaid.― Langston Hughes
I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.― Mark Twain


Subscribe to receive free email updates: